There are a ton of podcast out there and when Jason asked to interview me for his own show, I was delighted. The tables are turned this time around and I thought I’d give you some insight on some very relevant information about travel blogging.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS
Jason Harris is the man behind Jay’s Odyssey and he runs his own show on the blog. In this episode, we talk about quite a few things. At times we’re a bit all over the place but I hope my honesty comes through and there and pieces you’re able to leverage for your own blog. What makes this podcast interesting to listen to is that you really hear from Jay just what he’s struggling with and hopefully my words of wisdom are useful food for thought.
In this particular episode, you will learn
- My Blogger Story
- Genesis of Going Awesome Places
- How Travel Blog Breakthrough started
- About Jay’s Odyssey
- Interview series
- Income comes from third-party from separate businesses
- Jay’s Experience Working With Bloggers
- Tough to reach out to other bloggers
- Travel Blog Breakthrough
- 1-on-1 mentoring
- Income reports
- How to grow following on social network
- Create content
- Figure out where your audience is
- Focus on the network that makes a difference to YOU
- Instagram: Smart use of hashtags
- Twitter: Retweeting content to increase engagement
- Facebook: Changes in algorithm have made it hard to gain exposure
- Pinterest: The next biggest thing, using BoardBooster, designing vertical pins with call to action
- Use a consistent handle all the way through and take them quickly
- Share your content on all channels
- Building Breakthrough Moment
- If you don’t hear a response back, move on to the next thing
- Set it up so it’s win-win on both sides
- Clearly talk about what services you’ll be able to provide to them and the value behind it + also what you’re looking to get out of the relationship
- Travel Stories
- Conrad Maldives
- Money Belt saves the day
- Thailand travels
Links mentioned in this episode
Thanks for listening
Thank you for listening to the show! It’s really because of you that I do these so I appreciate all the support.
If you like what you heard and can’t wait for the next episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left side of the page.
Additionally, reviews for the Travel Blog Breakthrough podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and much appreciated. Your input makes a big difference and helps with the rankings of this show. I read each and every one of them!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
If you prefer TuneIn, Stitcher, Spreaker or Windows catalogs (should show up on search!) I’m also on there.
Show your support
You guys make it all happen and with some help, I’d love to be able to do even MORE for you. Check out the Travel Blog Breakthrough Patreon page to find out how you can support the cause. Whether it’s $1 or more, it all counts.
1 CommentLeave a comment
The thing that screamed at me Will looking at your notes above is picking a social network which means something to you. I tweet on and off thru the day cause I love the network! I spend little time on FB because it does not make a difference to me. Hanging a bit more on Google Plus but Twitter is my difference maker. Tweeting, engaging, making friends and building bonds has helped me boost my Blogging from Paradise traffic and it’s also helped me build my brand online. Twitter is so easy too; just talk, darnit! LOL….